Saturday, March 8, 2008

luv songz.


Webbie I Miss You music video


above is the new music video from webbie. normally i would be a sucker for a romantic rap song, but this crap is cheesy as hell. lines like "come kiss me through the phone" or "squeeze you like my lil'pillow" are so tacky that they actually offend me.

i have quickly compiled a list of appropriate rap love songs that don't make me want to vomit.
not in any particular romantic order:
01 ghostface - love stories
02 common - the light
03 the roots - you got me
04 black milk - u
05 talib kweli - hot thing
06 mobb deep - hey luv
07 common - so far to go
08 jay-z - song cry
09 tribe - electric relaxation
10 talib kweli - never been in love
11 cam'ron - hey ma
12 rza - love jones
13 common - come close
14 the coup - i just wanna lay around all day in bed with you
15 slum village - selfish
16 lupe fiasco - and he gets the girl
17 blackstar - brown skin lady
18 fabolous - into you
19 handsome boy modeling school, de la soul - if it wasn't for you
20 twista, kanye - slow jams

said list proves that rappers can be tastefully romantic. take note, webbie.

No comments: